Friday, April 16, 2010

Our Little Peter Pan


I've come to realize that having a baby changes a lot of things! It most definitely changes the way you see yourself. Yes, I know that I am still really young, but having a baby does make me feel older. I think this is because when I was young and I saw people with babies, they always seemed so very old to me. Now that I have Ryland, I do feel older. I am a mom, and Champ is a dad, we are parents. We make the rules, and protect our daughter. We feed her, and take care of her. It's not just Champ and I anymore. We have a little person to take care of. So we obviously had to grow up a little, even though we were pretty grown up all ready!

However, having Ryland has brought out the "child" in us also. She is so innocent, playful, happy, and energetic. Just sitting down on the floor with her, and playing with toys makes us feel a little like kids again. We are finally reading colorful books again, and singing kid songs that we have missed for so many years.

The picture above reminds me of Peter Pan. It reminds me that no matter how old you get, there is always a little bit of the child you once were waiting to come out and play. Ryland has brought this out in all of the people I see her with. It's awesome to know that this girl we brought to the world helps everyone around her have a little bit more fun in life, and act a little bit more like a child every now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails