Sunday, June 21, 2009

First Father's Day

When you have a baby, every day becomes a day of "firsts". The first day she smiled at us, the first day she slept longer than three hours, the first trip to the store, the first time she looked us in the eye, etc. Today is yet another one of those days...Father's day. I think that for Ryland, sleeping on her daddy's chest is the best feeling in the whole world. During this time, she knows nothing but the love that her father has for her, and Champ knows that he is feeling a love that he had never known before. Having a baby makes you think about how much your parents really do love you. No matter what they say or do. They do love you more than anyone else in the whole world, and they only want what's best for you. To be a grandfather is probably awesome too. To watch your grown child have a baby is probably the next best feeling. So Happy Grandfathers Day also!


I would like to write a quick note about how cool it is to be a father. There is nothing better than the pride and love I feel for this beautiful little girl. I am so grateful for her, and now that i am a parent I am even more grateful for the love and care that I have been given, from my parents, and family. Thank you! I am such a proud dad. I just discovered this week how great it feels to show off pictures of Ryland to people at work etc. If I had my way, I would show people every picture we have ever taken (which is quite a few) because there is something special about each and every one to me! Thank you Ryland and Alison for a great fathers day, I still have a hard time understanding that I am one! -Champ














2 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing the blog. The pictures are great, and the Father's Day message brings tears to my eyes. Ryland is blessed to have such terrific parents!

    Love, Great Uncle Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tribute to fathers and Father's Day. Hallmark tries to make it all about the cards, the shops try to make it all about getting him a grill or other gift. But what it's really about is honoring the fathers in our lives who make us feel loved and cherished. I am lucky to have had such a wonderful dad in my life. It has influenced how I live my life, helped me make good choices, have good self-esteem, and have the self-worth instilled within me to pick a loving husband that would cherish me as much as my dad always has. Dads make such a difference in their kids' lives, especially in the lives of their little girls. I know Ryland will be a wonderful person because of how much she is loved by both of you. She will feel empowered and valued because her parents both told her every day how much they loved her and believed in her.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails